This is a challenging and fun weekend workshop. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
What is the Aroma Chemistry of Misunderstood and Common Essential Oils Aromatherapy Workshop?
Unlock the secrets of essential oils through chemistry.
During this exciting weekend workshop, get to know many of what we believe to be Aromatherapy’s misunderstood essential oils. How do we define misunderstood? We don’t mean rarely used. We mean oils that are rarely understood or studied from a chemical perspective.
Learn the chemistry and the safety guidelines of these oils. We’ll discuss and demonstrate the medicinal, therapeutic and energetic benefits and applications of 20 essential oils. Some of the oils studied are: Mugwort, Thuja, Star Anise, Blue Tansy, and Wild Tansy to name a few.
An essential oil contains many chemical components that make up the oil’s therapeutic value. Essential oils work in many ways but the key to the therapeutic value and safety of an essential oil is held in the chemistry.
Topics of Study
- Science of essential oil chemical families
- Chemistry and application of essential oils that are not used widely in aromatherapy
- Chemistry and application of commonly-used essential oils
- Safety issues and contraindications of the essential oils studied
- Chemical components that are not suitable for use in aromatherapy
- How to safely use the uncommon essential oils in various blends and methods
Why Study Essential Oil Chemistry?
Many essential oils can be used safely, when used with knowledge, in a controlled way and in the correct circumstances. Chemistry gives us the ability to understand specific healing properties and specific contraindications. Chemistry enhances every aspect of Aromatherapy. Know the chemistry…know the Oil!
Cynthia Brownley MS, LMT, CCA
Joy Musacchio MA, LMT, CCA
415 Juniper Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
$100 (non-refundable, applied toward tuition)
Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm
Course Materials Included With Tuition
- A custom manual
- Discounts at Stillpoint Aromatics
- A comprehensive resource Aromatherapy database
- Directory of journals and connection in the world of aromatherapy
Bonus Materials Included With Tuition
Create and take home over $200 worth of fantastic Aromatherapy products.
Students will be given opportunities to create products like:
- Aromatic cream blends
- Room sprays
- Sinus inhalers
- Diffuser blends
- Massage oils
- Bath salts