Should you consider getting your certification in Aromatherapy? We hear this question all the time. The answer lies in how you wish to incorporate essential oils into your life.
Let me tell you the path that Cindy and I traveled to receive our certification.
Cindy and I have been friends for over 30 years, and it was 30 years ago that we both became interested in essential oils. So we bought a book and read it … and re-read it … and read it again. Then we took a correspondence course, and began looking for an in-person class.
We took a weekend workshop, and when we completed the weekend we were considered “Medicinal Aromatherapists.” We most certainly did not feel qualified to medicinal anything. So we looked for a comprehensive in-person program to learn how to use essential oils properly. We wanted to learn EVERYTHING we could.
It wasn’t until later on, after we completed our 450 hours of training, that we realized how absolutely unsafe many of the practices we’d originally been taught were. Luckily, we did not hurt anyone with the inaccurate knowledge.
That is why we became more than certified. Actually, the certification is just the starting point. We cannot tell you how many students we have had that are certified already and still take our certification program. Some of our students have repeated the program. Each time is different and the learning goes to a deeper level. It really is just a jumping off place to explore further down the rabbit hole of essential oils. And that is a really good thing.
So now back to the question… should you become a certified aromatherapist? If you agree with any of these statements, you have answered your own question. Let’s start with the relatively obvious ones.
- I would like to start a new career and leave the corporate golden handcuffs behind.
- I would like to do something with aromatherapy after I retire.
- I would like to add aromatherapy to my practice.
- I want to make aromatherapy products.
- I would like to teach weekend workshops in aromatherapy.
Now some other reasons to consider getting your certification.
- I would like to incorporate it into my life as a holistic healing modality.
- I would like to safely use essential oils as “medicine” for me and my family.
- I would like to have correct and accurate knowledge about essential oils usage.
- I would like to know the chemistry and energetics on a deeper level.
- I would like to know how to blend for all purposes.
- I would like to know the how, when, and why of aromatherapy.
- I would like to learn as much as I possibly can… period.
- I want to do this for myself.
How many of these did you answer Yes to? Even if it is only one, that is all you need to seriously consider getting your certification. Jump, don’t just look, down the rabbit hole! You will not regret it at all.